My Awful Day
Read the questions and then play the listening.
1. What time did she wake up?
2. What time does she normally start work?
3. How long was her train delayed?
4. What time did she get to work today?
5. Why did she go to the hospital?
6. What happened to her phone?
Answers at bottom of page.
1. 8:30 am
2. 9 am
3. 30 minutes
4. 11 am
5. Because she had an allergic reaction
6. She lost it, she left it on the train.
A - Hey, what's wrong?
B- I've just had an awful day.
A- What happened?
B- First, I wake up every day at 7 but last night I forgot to set my alarm so I woke up at half 8. And I start work at 9.
A- Oh no.
B- Then my train to work was delayed 30 minutes. I got to work at 11.
A- That's terrible.
B - But the worst thing was, I had an allergic reaction while I was having my lunch and I had to go to hospital.
A - What caused it?
B - There were peanuts in my meal, and I'm allergic to peanuts.
A - Why didn't you call me?
B - I left my phone on the train to work.